Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Riots and Grades

For those of you who saw the news about what went down at Har Hatzofim (Mt. Scopus) today, don't worry, I'm fine...and I saw my new apartment. I'll be moving in tomorrow and the place is freaking phenomenal. My own room! At last!
I turned in my paper on Mesopotamian religion for my individual tutorial last night via email.
First, I had to call my tutor and get his email address....
"Shalom...Evgeny?"
"No."
"Can I speak with him?"
"Sure. Why not..."
On hold.
"Hallo?"
"Hi, is this the f**king Russian?"
"Oh shit...is that you? I thought you dropped off the earth. Or decided not to come back."
"Yah, me too. Thought about it. I have your paper...you want it?"
"Not really...is it long?"
"Kinda. I need a grade. Iris is on my back to get my papers in."
"Oh, is that it? That's why you called? So I don't have to read it. I can just give you a grade and you can leave me alone."
"Whatever, man. I wrote about Mesopotamian religion. It might bore the hell out of you."
"Eh, send it. Maybe I'll learn something. Who knows?"
"Give me your email address. You can scan it in 5 minutes, call her up, and tell her I got an A."
"Ha, you want an A? You called me a f**king Russian again and you want an A?"
"Yah. F**king Russian. Give me an A."
I'm laughing now.
"Do me a favor and tell Wayne Horowitz I want to do another tutorial. I need the money. Sounds like you're in a good mood."
"You're always good for a laugh."
"So glad I could entertain you. So tell him you want another tutorial with me and I'll entertain you for another semester."
"Yah? How kind of you."
"Not for free. I'll entertain you for money."
"Of course. You're Russian."
"Watch it. I haven't given you a grade yet."
"Ohhhh hooo. I'm shaking. Give me your address."
He gives it to me.
"Got it--Sure you don't want to change it to F_Russian at yahoo dot com?"
"No, I like mine. It's original."
"Sure it is. All right. I'll send it. And I'll talk to Wayne for you. Someone'll want a tutorial."
"Thanks."
"Yah, I'm moving soon. Come by some time and we can have coffee...or your 'lesbian drink' that you love so much (Peach flavored tea...that's what he calls it)."
"Yah? Sounds good. Ok. Good luck this year. Keep in touch."
"Yah, you too. See ya. Bye."
"Bye."

And that's how it's done here :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home