Friday, November 11, 2005

The New Place


I have a home! In the pic, you can see some of the kitchen and our living room. These are some of our friends who came over to "break" the place in on our first night. We had reps from Argentina, Spain, Poland, Russia, Croatia, Romania, Japan, Turkey, Israel, and America and that's only cuz not everyone could make it! I love this place! We have a phenomenal view from our balcony of the hills, in which are nestled Arab villages, Jewish neighborhoods, and on one peak, our beloved university. As for now, the place is still furnished with our subletters furniture, so Mehdi and I crashed on the bunk beds (I called top!) and let the very tall Ottoman (Can, pronounced 'John') sleep in the big bed. I'm very happy here, and sooo relieved to finally have my own home. We stocked the fridge and cabinets with food and beer and today woke up to a beautifully sunny day, had a family breakfast, watched some cable TV (hell yah!), and are still trying to figure out this damn, German-made washing machine. It locks up until the cycle finishes and then it's supposed to open but I have a feeling I ain't ever gonna see them clothes in there again. Where's my engineer Abba when I need him?! Oh! Doorbell! Who could it be? Who cares...we have a doorbell! Yay!



1) Mehdi and the bunk bed and 2) Ottoman posing like a hard-ass gangsta

1) Sandra and her boyfriend, Kfir along with Vadim and Shlomi and 2) Jackie and Ariel, next to the new Turk, Candan (pronounced 'JohnDon')

1 Comments:

Blogger Erik said...

Looks like a blast. Wish I could be there to party it up with you!

-Erik

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home